When it comes to your home’s electrical outlets, the last thing you want to experience is a spark. As you know, electrical sparks can be dangerous since they can result in an electrical fire. If you are experiencing problems. At your home, you can call the experts at Phoenix Electrician. Additionally, you probably won’t feel very comfortable about plugging in another appliance or device into that outlet again after it’s sparked once before. However, while an outlet spark can be a bad thing. The following are the different reasons why your outlet might be sparking: The way your home is powered is through the electricity that runs through the home’s circuits and back to the power grid. When something is plugged into an outlet, some of that power is diverted to that outlet for use. This quick draw on power can cause a small spark. However Phoenix Electrician team can help you maintain the safety of your home, this should only occur once after the electrons begin flowing freely again, there shouldn’t be additional sparks. You shouldn’t worry about such sparks. A short circuit happens when too much heat builds up within an outlet, thereby causing the insulation around the wires to melt. Once the cables are exposed, the chance of an electrical fire breaking out increases when that outlet is used. Basically, what happens is that the electrons will leap to the wrong area and cause a big spark. You should able to notice the issue due to the size of the sparks as well. It’s worth noting that older outlets are more vulnerable to short circuits since outlets tend to wear out over age connections will loosen. If the outlet is exposed to water, it can result in a spark and short. This can be quite dangerous. However, if you have GCFI (ground fault circuit interrupter) outlets. Then you should be safe from a potential electrical fire or from electrocution. This is because a GCFI outlet will identify the short and shut down the circuit immediately to prevent a safety hazard. GCFI outlets are pretty pertaining these days, especially in bathrooms and kitchens. It’s pertinent that if a sparking outlet is inspected and repaired by the experts from Phoenix Electrician, it’s done so by someone that is experienced and properly trained. Attempting to repair a sparking outlet yourself is generally not a good idea since you can actually make it worse, thereby causing bigger sparks and increasing the risk of an electrical fire. These are some of the reasons why your outlet may be sparking. Although smaller problems may be widespread if they only happen right when you plug something in, any other type of sparks you see should be addressed. If you’re having problems with one of your outlets, then make sure that you have it inspected by a professional electrical contractor. If you’re in the Phoenix AZ area and looking to schedule an outlet inspection or repair service, be sure to call usand schedule your inspection.