At some point in your experience as a home or business owner, you may be going about your day, as usual, only to find that one of your electrical outlets has been blackened and melted by heat right where you want to plug in a new 50″ screen TV darn it. Aside from being frustrated, you are also somewhat concerned about the safety of the situation; and you have every reason to be concerned. Phoenix Electrician Company has some tips that you can learn about hiring and preventing future problems in your electrical system in your home. Electricity is not something to play around with something to ignore when a problem arises. Unaddressed electrical malfunctions claim responsibility for thousands of house fires every year, and hundreds of civilian deaths. It is prominent for wiring to be installed in a way that creates an unbroken channel for the electricity to flow through. When wires become old and worn, things begin to break loose, giving opportunity for free-flowing energy; this is called arcing. Arcing is a large amount of electricity that shoots from the breaking point of the wiring to the nearest conductor it can find, such as the other broken end of the wire. The arc that is shooting through the air, however, generates a lot of heat that can melt or burn any surrounding flammable material. If the wiring in your home is old and possibly damaged by time, or if the installers were not careful in their work of wiring installation, it is possible that electrical arcing is indeed the cause of the burnt outlet. Phoenix Electrician is an expert in the whole city of Phoenix. You can see on all the reviews of the costumers that have been our customers for a long time. Sometimes outlets are overburdened with appliances, loaded power strips, etc., and the demand is beyond what the electrical wiring was designed to carry. When this happens, the wire will become hot and possibly ignite or melt anything that comes into contact with it, including the plastic outlet. This problem often occurs in older homes that were built “back in the day” before lifestyles depended on so many electrical gadgets and appliances. The wiring of days gone by was of a smaller gauge that cannot safely handle large flows of electricity. It is important to note that (for the sake of safety) all electrical work should be left to the professionals. Both damaged and overloaded wiring should be dealt with as soon as possible by the licensed electrician like Phoenix Electrician crews. Old damaged wiring will need to be switched out with new wire, and insufficiently gauged wire should be replaced with a size that can meet the demands of your home or business. Sounds like a big project, right? But it is a necessary one. There is no room for playing games or cutting corners when it comes to electrical work. Phoenix Electrician knows how serious it can be to face wiring malfunctions because the safety of innocent lives is the first priority.